DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SP, Abu Azmi's son distance themselves from his sexist comments
Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhray said that the statements were Azmi's personal opinion.
New Delhi: Farhan Azmi, son of Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi, has apoligised for his father's sexist comments and said that he is not a supporter of RSS leader Mohan Bhagwat and self-styled godman Asaram Bapu. Abu Azmi, Samajwadi Party MLA in Maharashtra, on Tuesday blamed the women for rising cases of rape. Azmi said that rapes and sexual harassment cases were due to fashion by women.
"Sexual relations between unmarried men and women should be made illegal. The law should only allow sex between husband and wife only," Azmi had said.
He also said Muslim women wear burqa and Islam states that even brothers and fathers could not be sit alone in a room with their sisters and daughters because if they will do then some untoward incident may take place.
But Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhray said that the statements were Azmi's personal opinion.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia