DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SP leader, Goa MLA blame women for rape
Samajwadi Party MLA Abu Azmi says that rapes and sexual harassments are rising due to fashion.
Mumbai: Political leaders are making one controversial remark after another against women even as the country seethes with anger following the brutal gangrape and murder of a 23-year-old student by six men in Delhi.
Now, Abu Azmi, Samajwadi Party MLA in Maharashtra, has blamed the women for rising cases of rape. Azmi said that rapes and sexual harassment cases were due to fashion by women. He said that such crimes were not taking place in villages as women and girls there were not indulging in fashion.
"Sexual relations between unmarried men and women should be made illegal. I agree that there are fewer rapes in rural Bharat than in urban India," said Azmi.
He also said that rural girls don't have boyfriends while it has become a fashion among urban girls to have boyfriends. Girls in cities were revealing clothes which lead to crimes against them, Azmi added.
Meanwhile, Goa MLA Vishnu Vagh has also created a controversy by his remarks against women. Vagh said that if models become Members of Parliament then even Parliament would be like a fashion show. He also the country will witness riots if fashionable women come forward and added that if women like Malaika Arora Khan and Rakhi Sawant win elections and enter Parliament, then the House will be destroyed.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande