DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SP supporters protesting Rahul's visit detained
The SP supporters were picked up from the Prayag Station when they were trying to block the traffic.
Allahabad: Scores of Samajwadi Party supporters were on Monday detained while trying to block railway traffic in Allahabad to protest Rahul Gandhi's rally in Phulpur where he will kickstart Congress campaign for UP Assembly polls due in 2012.
The SP supporters were picked up from the Prayag Station when they were trying to block the traffic on the Lucknow-Allahabad route by squatting on the tracks, according to Deputy Inspector General of Police, Allahabad, Prakash D.
According to the DIG, the agitators have been taken to the police line.
Rahul is slated hold a rally in Phulpur, about 30 km from Allahabad on Monday.
Prakash said security had been tightened in the district to deal with any law and order situation during the day.
A host of Congress leaders have already arrived in Allahabad to take part in the rally at Phulpur, the Lok Sabha constituency which Jawaharlal Nehru used to represent in his lifetime.PAGE_BREAK
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances