DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Spoke to Advani ji, he gave me his blessings, tweets Modi
LK Advani and some other senior leaders had expressed reservations on appointing Narendra Modi as Chairman of BJP's Election Campaign Committee for the Lok Sabha polls.
New Delhi: Minutes after he was anointed BJP's 2014 poll campaign chairman, Narendra Modi on Sunday spoke to sulking party veteran LK Advani and said he would leave no stone unturned to oust Congress from power in the Centre.
"Spoke to Advani ji on the phone. He gave me his blessings. Honoured and extremely grateful to receive his blessings," the Gujarat Chief Minister tweeted minutes after he was appointed by BJP as chairman of it campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"Senior leaders have reposed faith in me. We will leave no stone unturned for Congress-Mukt Bharat Nirman. Thanks for support & blessings," Modi said.
Advani and some other senior leaders had expressed reservations on appointing Modi as Chairman of BJP's Election Campaign Committee for the 2014 polls, a move considered just short of making him the party's prime ministerial candidate.
Advani had kept away from the National Executive meeting in Goa where the decision was taken.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi