Karnataka: Reddy loyalist may float new party
Sriramulu, a supporter of Reddy brothers, has now claimed the support of 14 MLAs in the state.
Bangalore: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is in deep trouble in Karnataka after its rebel leader Sriramulu's landslide victory in the Bellary bypoll.
Sriramulu, a supporter of Reddy brothers, has now claimed the support of 14 MLAs in the state, and has indicated that he may float his own party.
"I have the numbers to form a new party. I will give you more details after a short while," he said.
The MLA, a close aide of the Reddy brothers and former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, had resigned as a BJP MLA three months ago, precipitating the need for a bypoll.
If Sriramulu forms his own party, it will be a splinter outfit of the BJP's.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- ROAD TO TOKYOMary Kom Lightens Up to Punch Hard, Goes Back to Light Flyweight
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story