S**t Indian leaders said in 2012 and 2013 on rape, homosexuality, poverty and women's rights
Read the homegrown 'wisdom' leaders, judges, bureaucrats spouted in the past 24 months.
New Delhi: Indians in power said some bizarre things in 2012 and 2013 that deserved to be in our Hall of Shame. Union New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah said he was scared to talk to a woman these days for fear of being falsely implicated in a molestation case. Self styled yoga guru Ramdev was again flippant in addressing the basic rights of homosexuals.
Self proclaimed godman Asaram suggested the Delhi gangrape victim should have addressed the rapists as 'brothers' to save her life. Abu Azmi, Samajwadi Party MLA in Maharashtra, has blamed the women for rising cases of rape.
Khap leaders in Haryana suggested that women get raped because men eat chowmein which causes hormonal imbalance. They even suggested that women be married off early to avoid rapes. A popular actor in West Bengal blamed the retreating line of skirt hems behind the growing number of cases of eve-teasing. Yes, everyone had a say this year on what caused rapes and violent crimes.
The list has grown to massive proportions. Read the homegrown 'wisdom' leaders, judges, bureaucrats spouted in the past 24 months.
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Cycle to Motorcycle? How Ram Gopal Yadav's Trip to EC Created a Stir
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC