DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Stalin wins close contest in Kolathur
Stalin garnered 65,462 votes defeating his nearest AIADMK rival S Duraisamy who got 63,039 votes.
Chennai: After a see-saw battle, Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin emerged winner in Kolathur constituency by a margin of 2,423 votes.
Stalin, son of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, garnered 65,462 votes defeating his nearest AIADMK rival S Duraisamy who got 63,039 votes.
The DMK Treasurer had switched over from his Thousand Lights constituency in the city to suburban Kolathur, created in the recent delimitation exercise.
In the initial rounds, leads alternated between the rival candidates.
The counting of votes was also delayed mid-way for a few hours due to some problem with EVMs.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham