Stars who campaigned for UDF face 'red wrath'
Those who faced the wrath included superstar Suresh Gopi, Jayaram, Dileep and Kavya Madhavan.
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Malayalam movie actors who campaigned for the Congress-led opposition have had their posters torn or blackened in Kerala's Kollam district allegedly by Marxist cadres. Those who faced the 'red wrath' included superstar Suresh Gopi, Jayaram, Dileep and Kavya Madhavan.
The actors had campaigned for filmstar-turned-politician K B Ganesh Kumar of the Kerala Congress (B), a member of the Congress-led United Democratic Front (UDF). Ganesh is seeking a hat-trick win at Pathanapuram in Kollam district. He is pitted against Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM) Kollam district secretary K Rajagopal.
Reports from the area say that posters of latest releases like "China Town" and "Christian Bothers" involving the actors were found torn on Monday. CPM MP K N Balagopal denied his party was to blame. "We condemn it. Maybe what happened (was) a spontaneous reaction," he said.
Comedian and character actor Jagdeesh, who also campaigned for the UDF, reacted differently. "Any publicity is good for a new film!"
Kavya Madhavan, who has returned to the industry after a break, was reportedly booed by youth wing activists of the CPM at Karunagapally in Kollam district.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance