DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Polling in Uttarakhand on Jan 30 for 70 seats
The battle for Uttarakhand will also be a straight fight for the Congress and the BJP.
New Delhi: The elections in Uttarakhand will be held on January 30 for 70 seats. The battle for Uttarakhand will also be a straight fight for the Congress and the BJP.
Corruption will be the major poll issue in Uttarakhand. The poll will also be a test of the on ground impact of yoga guru Baba Ramdev's anti-graft movement.
It remains to be seen whether Khanduri's ploy of Team Anna enacted Lokayukta Bill can help the BJP gain ground and whether the Congress can repeat its impressive Lok Sabha performance.
The poll will determine whether delimitation will help the Congress more than the BJP.
Around 80,000 paramilitary personnel, apart from state policemen, are expected to be deployed during the Assembly polls.
The counting will be done on March 4.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan