Polling in Uttarakhand on Jan 30 for 70 seats
The battle for Uttarakhand will also be a straight fight for the Congress and the BJP.
New Delhi: The elections in Uttarakhand will be held on January 30 for 70 seats. The battle for Uttarakhand will also be a straight fight for the Congress and the BJP.
Corruption will be the major poll issue in Uttarakhand. The poll will also be a test of the on ground impact of yoga guru Baba Ramdev's anti-graft movement.
It remains to be seen whether Khanduri's ploy of Team Anna enacted Lokayukta Bill can help the BJP gain ground and whether the Congress can repeat its impressive Lok Sabha performance.
The poll will determine whether delimitation will help the Congress more than the BJP.
Around 80,000 paramilitary personnel, apart from state policemen, are expected to be deployed during the Assembly polls.
The counting will be done on March 4.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines