Stop shedding crocodile tears over Sarabjit's death: BJP tells Rahul Gandhi
Rajiv Pratap Rudy said the UPA government owes an explanation to the nation about steps it took to save Sarabjit's life.
Patna: Rahul Gandhi and Congress leaders should stop shedding "crocodile tears" over Sarabjit Singh's death, BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said on Thursday and demanded that the government makes a statement about steps taken to
save the death row prisoner in Pakistan. "Today Congress crown prince Rahul Gandhi and other party leaders are shedding crocodile tears before the kin of Sarabjit Singh," Rudy said.
"He (Rahul) is considered as the future prime minister by Congress.. He should answer why he was silent for the past one week when Sarabjit Singh was battling for life in Pakistan," the BJP leader said.
Rudy said the UPA government owes an explanation to the nation about steps it took to save Sarabjit's life and why it did not send a team of doctors to Pakistan. "Sarabjit's family and intelligence reports had expressed fear of attack on him in Pakistan jail after the hanging of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab. So why did UPA government not act timely to save his life?" Rudy asked.
The BJP spokesman made a scathing attack on the Manmohan Singh government for its "weak" foreign policy. "Today China and even a smaller country like Maldives are talking tough. Pakistan killed Sarabjit Singh," he said and demanded that the Prime Minister informs the nation what policy has been adopted to deal with them.
BJP would back the government if it takes any step against the Chinese aggression in Ladakh, Rudy said. Making allegations against the Prime Minister in the 2G and coal block allotment scams, Rudy reiterated his party's demand for Manmohan's resignation.
Former Telecom Minister A Raja repeatedly made a plea that he wanted to depose before the JPC on 2G, but he was not given a chance and JPC under its chairman PC Chacko gave a clean chit to the PM without hearing him and Raja, Rudy said.
BJP will organise a nationwide agitation on May 4-5 in support of the demand for PM's resignation, he added.
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- We Did Discuss About Removing Dhoni From Captaincy: Sandeep Patil
- Mi Air Purifier 2 Review: Xiaomi's Silent Ninja Against Pollution
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together, Says PM Modi
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi