Stop talking about private life of others: Guj Cong to Modi
Gujarat Congress criticised Narendra Modi for his controversial remark on Union Minister Shashi Tharoor's wife.
Ahmedabad: Criticising Narendra Modi for his controversial remark on Union Minister Shashi Tharoor's wife, Congress in Gujarat on Monday said the Chief Minister should stop talking about the private life of public figures. "Modi should stop talking about the private life of others...," Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said while addressing a rally in Ahmedabad.
Several other state Congress leaders, including Chairman of Campaign Committee Shankarsinh Vaghela, Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil and former deputy Chief Minister Narhari Amin were also present at the rally. "This CM is so obsessed with self-publicity at the cost of people's money that he didn't even miss a chance to seek attention when he visited Bihar for a funeral (of former Gujarat Governor and BJP veteran Kailashpati Mishra)," Vaghela said.
"Congress has promised to provide houses to all housewives if it came to power. They should now ask male members of their families to vote for Congress," Modhwadia said. Gohil slammed the Modi government for allotting what he claimed 3.33 lakh hectares of grazing land to a few industrialists, leading to shortage of fodder for cattle.
"On December 20 (poll result day), all of us will be celebrating second Diwali," he said. Speaking on the occasion, AICC general secretary Ashok Tanvar appreciated the pre-poll promises made by Congress under its Gujarat People Development Vision 2012.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259