81-yr-old ex-RSS chief KS Sudarshan dies
KS Sudarshan had stepped down as RSS chief in 2009 due to ill health.
New Delhi: Former RSS chief KS Sudarshan passed away in Raipur on Saturday morning after suffering a heart attack. Sudarshan was born in 1931 and was a telecommunications engineer.
His body will be taken to the RSS headquarters in Nagpur later on Saturday and the funeral will be held on Sunday.
Sudarshan hailed from Kuppalli village of Mandya District in Karnataka.
He served as Pracharak of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) for six decades and became its Sarasanghachalak in 2000 and held the post till 2009.
Sudarshan stepped down as RSS chief in 2009 due to ill health.
In August this year there had been reports of him missing from home in Mysore. Sudarshan was later reportedly found sitting alone along the road near the Lalit Mahal helipad in Mysore as he had lost his way to home.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- DestinyColombia Plane Crash: Messi and Argentina Flew Same Aircraft Weeks Ago
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa