DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Suryanelli rape: Govt asked to probe assault of CPM MP
CPM member TN Seema alleged assault by Delhi Police during a protest demanding removal of Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien.
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari on Friday directed the government to probe the alleged "manhandling" of CPI-M member TN Seema by Delhi Police during a protest demanding removal of Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien who is facing charges in the Suryanelli rape case.
Taking a serious note of the matter, members met Ansari in his chamber before the House met for the day seeking his intervention saying Seema is a member of the Rajya Sabha. Ansari asked the government to submit a report before the next sitting of the House.
"Some members met me this morning and informed that TN Seema, MP, was manhandled yesterday (on Thursday) by the Delhi police personnel in a police van. It is a serious matter which relates to the dignity of the member and the prestige of the House.
"I direct the government to inquire into the matter and submit a report before the next sitting of the House," Ansari said. CPI MP D Raja told reporters that the issue was taken up seriously by members of all parties during their meeting with Ansari and even Union Minister Rajiv Shukla described it as a serious matter.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017