DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Swamy adds to Cong's woes, joins NDA
Subramanian Swamy has been gunning for Home Minister P Chidambaram to be made a co-accused in the 2G scam.
New Delhi: The combination of an opposition on the warpath and aggressive allies like the Trinamool is likely to trouble the government in the Budget session. But adding to its woes, the rival NDA camp will now include Janta Party President Subramanian Swamy as an ally.
Swamy has been gunning for Home Minister P Chidambaram to be made a co-accused in the 2G scam.
The decision to induct the Janta Party President was taken at a meeting of the NDA partners on Sunday evening.
"Swamy was keen to join the alliance and had been meeting the NDA leaders," senior BJP leader SS Ahluwalia said.
With this addition, the number of NDA allies will rise to six. The other five constituents of the combine are BJP, JD(U), Shiromani Akali Dal, Shiv Sena and Ramdas Athawale-led Republican Party of India (A).
Athawale and Swamy were not part of the meeting as only floor leaders of the NDA were invited. The two parties have no representation in Parliament.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions