Swaraj Abhiyan Launches Its Political Wing 'Swaraj India'
File image of former AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan.
New Delhi: Swaraj Abhiyan, led by former AAP leader Yogendra Yadav, on Sunday launched its political wing 'Swaraj India' on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's birthday.
Yadav will be the President and Ajit Jha the General Secretary, the new party announced at a press briefing here. Fahim Khan will be Treasurer of the party.
Yadav, senior Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan, Ajit Jha and Anand Kumar had fallen out with Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in March last year.
Yadav then launched Swaraj Abhiyan, which worked at the grass-roots level but had so far stayed away from electoral politics.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Sourav Ganguly Denies Ignoring Dhoni in Fantasy Team
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Review: The Best Black Phone That Money Can Buy
- Suresh Raina Dedicates Orange Cap to Daughter Gracia
- Baahubali 2 Breaks Dangal's Record; 1 Million Advanced Tickets Booked