Swaraj Abhiyan Launches Its Political Wing 'Swaraj India'
File image of former AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan.
New Delhi: Swaraj Abhiyan, led by former AAP leader Yogendra Yadav, on Sunday launched its political wing 'Swaraj India' on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's birthday.
Yadav will be the President and Ajit Jha the General Secretary, the new party announced at a press briefing here. Fahim Khan will be Treasurer of the party.
Yadav, senior Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan, Ajit Jha and Anand Kumar had fallen out with Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in March last year.
Yadav then launched Swaraj Abhiyan, which worked at the grass-roots level but had so far stayed away from electoral politics.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh in India
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle