Swiss A/C holders will be made public if we win: BJP
BJP leader Yashwant Sinha made the statement in Washington where he is on a three day visit.
Washington: Bharatiya Janata Party would make public the names of 800 Indian account holders in Swiss Banks if it comes into power in the 2014 general elections, senior party leader Yashwant Sinha has said.
"Of course, we will do. Of course, we will do," Sinha told a small audience at an event organised by a recently formed Washington-based Indian American think-tank Foundation for India and Indian Diaspora Studies (FIIDS).
"Will you disclose (the list of 800 people) after coming to power?" Sinha was asked by a member from the audience as he was hitting hard at the UPA government for not disclosing these names some two years after the HSBC Bank submitted it to them, saying it lacks the necessary will power to do so.
"You are aware of that famous case when HSBC disclosed the names of 800 Indian account holders in Swiss Bank and these names have been with the Government of India for the last two years. They say that the double taxation avoidance agreement prevents them from disclosing this," Sinha said.
This is hardly a taxation issue, he said, adding the BJP will like to punish them for breaking India's rules and laws. "The question is why you haven't been able to prosecute them in two years. Disclose 10 names, 20 names, but how does all these 800 names remain a secret for two years. That is where there is some mystery. We do not know what that is. We have to come into power (to know about it)," he said.
Sinha is currently on a three-day visit to Washington to hold meetings with the think-tank, members of the Indian Diaspora, Congressmen and officials of the Obama Administration.
"I am here representing BJP and India," he said at the event where he accused the Union Government of not taking necessary measures to bring back the black money stacked abroad to the country. "Whatever Indian money is lying abroad, that has to be pelleted out," he said.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention