DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Swiss woman gangrape: MP Congress stages protests
The two-hour protests were peaceful and marked by presentation of memorandum demanding the resignation of Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
Bhopal: Congressmen all over Madhya Pradesh staged demonstrations at various district headquarters in the state on Monday protesting against the gangrape of a Swiss national in Datia district on March 15. The two-hour demonstrations were peaceful and marked by presentation of memorandum demanding the resignation of Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta for his failure to prevent the incident.
State Congress President Kantilal Bhuria led a protest in front of the board office in the state capital where he was joined by State Congress Media Department chairman Manak Agrawal and other leaders.
State assembly opposition leader Ajay Singh led a demonstration at Datia, where he demanded a CBI probe into the gangrape of the Swiss woman. Ajay said it was shameful on the home minister's part to say that the rape occurred due to the Swiss national's fault.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan Join Break The Beard Club
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish