DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil Nadu: Karunanidhi cabinet resigns
Governor SS Barnala accepted the resignation of Karunanidhi and his Council of Ministers.
Chennai: Facing a rout in the Assembly polls with his bitter political foe AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa storming back to power, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Friday submitted the resignation of his ministry.
Conceding defeat without waiting for the final tally, Karunanidhi submitted the resignation of Council of Ministers as trends showed that the AIADMK-led front was poised for a landslide win.
Governor SS Barnala accepted the resignation of Karunanidhi and his Council of Ministers (with effect) from this afternoon, a Raj Bhavan communique said.
The Governor has requested Karunanidhi and the present Council of Ministers to function until alternative arrangements were made, it said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Suffering from Fever, Says Reports
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users