Tamil Nadu: Karunanidhi cabinet resigns
Governor SS Barnala accepted the resignation of Karunanidhi and his Council of Ministers.
Chennai: Facing a rout in the Assembly polls with his bitter political foe AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa storming back to power, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Friday submitted the resignation of his ministry.
Conceding defeat without waiting for the final tally, Karunanidhi submitted the resignation of Council of Ministers as trends showed that the AIADMK-led front was poised for a landslide win.
Governor SS Barnala accepted the resignation of Karunanidhi and his Council of Ministers (with effect) from this afternoon, a Raj Bhavan communique said.
The Governor has requested Karunanidhi and the present Council of Ministers to function until alternative arrangements were made, it said.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It