DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tamil Nadu polls: Cash, freebies seized
58 Expenditure Observers from various states have arrived to take part in poll related duties.
Chennai: About Rs 17 crore worth of products including unaccounted cash of Rs 9 crore were seized so far in the run up to the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly polls so far, state Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar said on Saturday.
"Rs 8 crore worth of freebies (like sarees and dhoties) and unaccounted cash of Rs 9 crore were seized so far," Kumar told reporters here.
Stating that the Election Commission has registered 35,240 complaints against various political parties for violation of model code of conduct, he said 34,000 cases alone were related to defacement of walls.
He said, about 10 lakh fresh applications for obtaining Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) were received. "They would be verified and issued to the eligible persons", he said.
He said 58 Expenditure Observers from various states were arrived here to take part in poll related duties.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017