Telangana: Stone pelting outside Osmania University
The police have, meanwhile, given permission to the Telangana Joint Action Committee to hold their planned 36-hour hunger strike.
New Delhi: Hyderabad was tense on Sunday following incidents of violence over the Telangana separate statehood issue. While stone-pelting was reported outside Osmania University, police fired teargas shells to ward off a students' march to Raj Bhawan.
The police have, meanwhile, given permission to the Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) to hold their planned 36-hour hunger strike, after the state home minister cleared the protest plan which is to be held at Indira Park.
The protests are intensifying in Hyderabad amid indications that the Centre will not be able to meet its 28th January deadline for resolving the Telangana statehood issue.
The Congress leaders are, however, expected to hold a meeting in the evening over the issue. Government sources said that all options were still open. Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is likely to issue a written statement after the meeting.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless