DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Telangana: Stone pelting outside Osmania University
The police have, meanwhile, given permission to the Telangana Joint Action Committee to hold their planned 36-hour hunger strike.
New Delhi: Hyderabad was tense on Sunday following incidents of violence over the Telangana separate statehood issue. While stone-pelting was reported outside Osmania University, police fired teargas shells to ward off a students' march to Raj Bhawan.
The police have, meanwhile, given permission to the Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) to hold their planned 36-hour hunger strike, after the state home minister cleared the protest plan which is to be held at Indira Park.
The protests are intensifying in Hyderabad amid indications that the Centre will not be able to meet its 28th January deadline for resolving the Telangana statehood issue.
The Congress leaders are, however, expected to hold a meeting in the evening over the issue. Government sources said that all options were still open. Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is likely to issue a written statement after the meeting.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere