DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Telangana: Congress MP R Sambasiva Rao quits
He is the seventh MP from Seemandhra to quit following the Telangaa announcement.
New Delhi: One more Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh has resigned to protests against the proposed bifurcation of the state to create Telangana. Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, the Congress MP from Guntur, resigned on Wednesday against the decision to form Telangana state.
He is the seventh MP from Seemandhra to quit following the Telangaa announcement. Other MPs who have quit include senior leaders like G Srinivasa Rao, TG Venkatesh and E Pratap Reddy.
But there is a divide in the Congress too over Telanagna as Union Human Resource Development Minister MM Pallam Raju, Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi and Tribal Affairs Minister KC Deo are not in favour of resigning.
There has been almost a vertical split in the Congress over Telangana with leaders from Seemandhara coming out strongly against any move to divide the state while those from Telangana region remaining adamant on the creation of a new state.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi