AP Congress MP L Rajagopal resigns over Telangana decision
Rajagopal is a business tycoon from Seemandhra and heads the LANCO group of companies.
Hyderabad: The most vocal opponent of Telangana, the Congress MP from Vijayawada L Rajagopal has resigned once again. The Speaker of the Lok Sabha Meira Kumar had rejected his and 12 other MPs resignations, last week. Rajagopal had even approached the Delhi High Court requesting the judiciary to direct the Speaker to accept his resignation.
Rajagopal is a business tycoon from Seemandhra and heads the LANCO group of companies. Rajagopal has been in the forefront of agitation against the creation of Telangana state.
He says he won't rest till his resignation is accepted by the Speaker. His critics say Rajagopal is making a mockery of the system.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game