Will form Telangana within 24 hours of coming to power: BJP
While the UPA is in discussion over Telangana, BJP alleges Congress of non seriousness over the issue.
New Delhi: BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Sunday claimed that the party Will form a seperate state for Telangana within 24 hours of coming to power in the centre.
The BJP has been accusing the Congress of not being serious over the Telangana issue with the party spokesperson Prakash Javadekar on Saturday saying that the BJP will agree for nothing less than complete statehood of Telangana. "Telangana's demand is a demand for justice. We want complete statehood of Telangana," Javdekar had said.
The BJP has maintained that the Congress has been betraying the people over the issue for the last 56 years.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday had assured all Andhra Pradesh cabinet ministers that the Congress Working Committee (CWC) will consider all options before a final decision on a separate state is taken, sources said.
There have been high-level discussions doing the rounds regarding the issue of creation of a separate state for Telangana. The Congress central leadership and the state PCC leadership On friday met to discuss the demand for creation of Telangana. AICC General Secretary and incharge of Andhra Pradesh Digivijay Singh and his predecessor Ghulam Nabi Azad had held separate discussions with Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, PCC chief Botsa Satyanarayana and Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha.
The decision could be announced in the first week of August and may be formalised at a meeting of the Congress Working Committee (CWC) after which the issue could go to Parliament for passage of a bill for the purpose.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton