Anti-Telangana leaders to meet Rahul Gandhi today
This comes after Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Wednesday hinted that a decision on Telangana can be delayed.
New Delhi: Anti-Telangana leaders will meet Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday evening. This comes after Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Wednesday hinted that a decision on Telangana can be delayed. Azad hinted that the Congress could buy more time to resolve the Telangana issue.
He along with Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Vyalar Ravi met Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday to discuss the contentious issue. Two separate delegations - one supporting Telangana and the other opposing it - met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and other senior Congress leaders on Tuesday articulating their views on the sensitive issue but got no assurance from anyone.
On December 28, 2012 after an all-party meeting, Shinde had announced that the government would make an announcement on Telangana within a month. According to the sources, government is considering only on two options out of six options given by the Srikrishna Committee.
The first option is to divide Andhra Pradesh into two states namely Telangana and Seemandhra. Telangana's capital would be Hyderabad while Seemandhra will have a new capital. The other option is not to divide Andhra Pradesh and instead constitute a Telangana Regional Council. A regional council will help in the social, political and economic development of the area and this option was also declared as the most practical one by the Srikrishna Committee.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war