Telangana central ministers meet GOM, demand new state before polls
Jaipal Reddy along with other Ministers of State met Sushil Kumar Shinde to put forward their demands and views.
New Delhi: Union ministers from Telangana met the Group of Ministers (GoM) headed by the Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Monday. Senior minister S Jaipal Reddy, Ministers of State Sarve Satyanaryana and Balram Nayak met him to put forward their demands and views.
They asked the Centre to implement the Congress Working Committee (CWC) resolution on Telangana. They also urged the Centre to go ahead with the creation of Telangana and make Hyderabad its unconditional capital.
Speaking to the media, Jaipal Reddy said "we don't want the Centre to impose too many conditions. We are okay with Hyderabad as a joint capital for 10 years. The article 371 should continue. It enables the people Telangana to get government jobs etc".
The GoM has already met all political parties from Andhra Pradesh. According to sources, the Congress wants to introduce the Telangana Bill in the coming winter session of the Parliament.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Complete List Of Winners
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game