Pro-Telangana parties to stage protest today
BJP has also said party leaders would participate in the blockade at six places on the highway.
Hyderabad: The Telangana Political Joint Action Committee is set to organize a 'Sadak Bandh' on the Hyderabad-Bangalore highway today. This despite permission denied by the police.
Demanding that the Centre accept the separate statehood demand immediately, Pro-Telangana parties and organisations would block traffic at various places along the highway in Telangana region.
The road blockade will be held from Mahabubnagar district, neighbouring Kurnool district in Rayalaseema region, to Hyderabad.
TRS has appointed party MLAs and MLCs as incharges for various places to enforce the road blockade.
BJP, which is in the forefront of the separate Telangana agitation, has also said party leaders would participate in the blockade at six places on the highway.
(with additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology