Pro-Telangana parties to stage protest today
BJP has also said party leaders would participate in the blockade at six places on the highway.
Hyderabad: The Telangana Political Joint Action Committee is set to organize a 'Sadak Bandh' on the Hyderabad-Bangalore highway today. This despite permission denied by the police.
Demanding that the Centre accept the separate statehood demand immediately, Pro-Telangana parties and organisations would block traffic at various places along the highway in Telangana region.
The road blockade will be held from Mahabubnagar district, neighbouring Kurnool district in Rayalaseema region, to Hyderabad.
TRS has appointed party MLAs and MLCs as incharges for various places to enforce the road blockade.
BJP, which is in the forefront of the separate Telangana agitation, has also said party leaders would participate in the blockade at six places on the highway.
(with additional inputs from PTI)
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?
- Hindu Group Demands Cancellation of Concerts by Atif Aslam, Shafqat Amanat Ali