Telangana: Shinde, Chidambaram booked for 'cheating'
A case under section 420 of IPC was booked on Monday at the outskirts of Hyderabad against the two ministers on the direction of a district court.
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police have booked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram for allegedly cheating people of Telangana by going back on their word over formation of separate Telangana state.
A case under section 420 of Indian Penal Code (cheating) was booked on Monday at LB Nagar police station on the outskirts of Hyderabad against the two central ministers on the direction of a district court, a police officer said.
The police took the action after a court in Ranga Reddy district pulled up the Station House Officer (SHO) of the police station for not following the orders passed on January 28, 2013.
The SHO last week appeared before the second metropolitan magistrate's court.
The court took cognisance against him under Section 166 (a) of the IPC (public servant disobeying the law) on a private complaint filed by Telangana Junior Advocates' Association member Naresh Kumar.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology