Telangana: Shinde, Chidambaram booked for 'cheating'
A case under section 420 of IPC was booked on Monday at the outskirts of Hyderabad against the two ministers on the direction of a district court.
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police have booked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram for allegedly cheating people of Telangana by going back on their word over formation of separate Telangana state.
A case under section 420 of Indian Penal Code (cheating) was booked on Monday at LB Nagar police station on the outskirts of Hyderabad against the two central ministers on the direction of a district court, a police officer said.
The police took the action after a court in Ranga Reddy district pulled up the Station House Officer (SHO) of the police station for not following the orders passed on January 28, 2013.
The SHO last week appeared before the second metropolitan magistrate's court.
The court took cognisance against him under Section 166 (a) of the IPC (public servant disobeying the law) on a private complaint filed by Telangana Junior Advocates' Association member Naresh Kumar.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections