Telangana: Shinde, Chidambaram booked for 'cheating'
A case under section 420 of IPC was booked on Monday at the outskirts of Hyderabad against the two ministers on the direction of a district court.
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police have booked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram for allegedly cheating people of Telangana by going back on their word over formation of separate Telangana state.
A case under section 420 of Indian Penal Code (cheating) was booked on Monday at LB Nagar police station on the outskirts of Hyderabad against the two central ministers on the direction of a district court, a police officer said.
The police took the action after a court in Ranga Reddy district pulled up the Station House Officer (SHO) of the police station for not following the orders passed on January 28, 2013.
The SHO last week appeared before the second metropolitan magistrate's court.
The court took cognisance against him under Section 166 (a) of the IPC (public servant disobeying the law) on a private complaint filed by Telangana Junior Advocates' Association member Naresh Kumar.
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter