DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Telangana: Shinde, Chidambaram booked for 'cheating'
A case under section 420 of IPC was booked on Monday at the outskirts of Hyderabad against the two ministers on the direction of a district court.
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police have booked Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram for allegedly cheating people of Telangana by going back on their word over formation of separate Telangana state.
A case under section 420 of Indian Penal Code (cheating) was booked on Monday at LB Nagar police station on the outskirts of Hyderabad against the two central ministers on the direction of a district court, a police officer said.
The police took the action after a court in Ranga Reddy district pulled up the Station House Officer (SHO) of the police station for not following the orders passed on January 28, 2013.
The SHO last week appeared before the second metropolitan magistrate's court.
The court took cognisance against him under Section 166 (a) of the IPC (public servant disobeying the law) on a private complaint filed by Telangana Junior Advocates' Association member Naresh Kumar.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?