Telangana joint action panel to meet today
Telangana issue is also likely to figure in a big way in Advani's rath yatra as it enters Andhra Pradesh.
Hyderabad: The Telangana Joint Action Committee is slated to meet on Tuesday evening to decide on their future course of action.
The strike on the other hand will continue with employees sitting in protest.
Teachers, who had joined the protest earlier by carrying on with classes but refusing to accept salaries, have called off their strike. The decision came after negotiations with the government became a success.
Meanwhile, the Telangana issue is also likely to figure in a big way in Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Lal Krishna Advani's Jan Chetna Yatra against corruption on Tuesday as he enters Andhra Pradesh.
The timing is significant as it comes soon after the party pledged its support for separate statehood.
Pro-Telangana groups had called for a bandh across Andhra Pradesh on Monday to put pressure on the Centre to agree to their demands.
However, the government had given ultimatum to private schools to stay open or face de-recognition.
Recommended For You
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017