DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Telangana: Shinde meets President, decision soon
The meeting comes on the heels of Congress war room meeting which Shinde attended on Thursday night.
New Delhi: Under fire on the corruption front, the government seems to be fast-tracking a decision on the contentious Telangana issue. Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde met President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday to discuss the issue. The meeting comes on the heels of Congress war room meeting which Shinde attended on Thursday night.
Congress sources have told CNN-IBN that a decision on the separate statehood question could be made soon. Sources added that the Congress has been advised against saying yes to Telangana as many fear that the decision could hurt the party politically in Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday. Sonia had discussed the Telangana issue with President Pranab Mukherjee last week.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh also visited Hyderabad on Tuesday. Many pro-Telangana activists, including MLAs from the region, were also taken into preventive custody as they tried to hold protests against the Prime Minister's visit.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness