YSR Congress says no to Telangana
YSR Congress Party chief Jagan Mohan Reddy has been advocating against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
New Delhi: The YSR Congress Party, the most vocal supporter of united Andhra Pradesh told the Group of Ministers (GoM) that nothing short of a united state is acceptable to the party. A delegation of the party headed by veteran political leader Dr MV Mysura Reddy met the GoM, chaired by Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde in New Delhi on Wednesday.
Interestingly another leader of the YSR Congress Party, who was also a part of the delegation Gattu Ramachandra Rao, is from Telangana region. He has also opposed Telangana.
YSR Congress Party chief Jagan Mohan Reddy has been advocating against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. He is also taking out a nationwide tour against the creation of Telangana.
Andhra Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will meet the GoM on Thursday.
According to high level sources, the drafting of the bill for Andhra's bifurcation to create Telangana begins only after Friday. It is unlikely that the draft will be taken up at the next Union Cabinet meeting.
Most political parties from Andhra Pradesh including the CPI, MIM, BJP and TRS have already met the GoM and supported the new state on some conditions. The TDP has boycotted the meeting.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks