DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
YSR Congress says no to Telangana
YSR Congress Party chief Jagan Mohan Reddy has been advocating against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
New Delhi: The YSR Congress Party, the most vocal supporter of united Andhra Pradesh told the Group of Ministers (GoM) that nothing short of a united state is acceptable to the party. A delegation of the party headed by veteran political leader Dr MV Mysura Reddy met the GoM, chaired by Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde in New Delhi on Wednesday.
Interestingly another leader of the YSR Congress Party, who was also a part of the delegation Gattu Ramachandra Rao, is from Telangana region. He has also opposed Telangana.
YSR Congress Party chief Jagan Mohan Reddy has been advocating against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. He is also taking out a nationwide tour against the creation of Telangana.
Andhra Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy will meet the GoM on Thursday.
According to high level sources, the drafting of the bill for Andhra's bifurcation to create Telangana begins only after Friday. It is unlikely that the draft will be taken up at the next Union Cabinet meeting.
Most political parties from Andhra Pradesh including the CPI, MIM, BJP and TRS have already met the GoM and supported the new state on some conditions. The TDP has boycotted the meeting.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You