DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Thackeray FB post: Palghar girl shifts to Gujarat
The girl and her family, fearing a backlash by the Shiv Sena, have taken shelter in Gujarat.
Mumbai: The girl from Palghar in Thane district of Maharashtra, who was arrested for a Facebook post on the bandh-like situation in Mumbai following the death of Shiv Sena Chief Bal Thackeray's death, has fled from the state along with her family. The girl and her family, fearing a backlash by the Shiv Sena, have taken shelter in Gujarat.
The 21-year-old girl was arrested for the Facebook post after a Shiv Sena leader complained against her. Her friend was also arrested for liking the post. Some Shiv Sena activists had allegedly ransacked her uncle's nursing home after the post.
While the police were prompt in arresting the two girls, which led to a huge uproar in the country, the people who had ransacked the nursing home were let off easily. The two girls had even apologised for their post, fearing that the Shiv Sena would harm their family members.
After a report by the Konkan IG, two police officers were suspended. Even the judge, Ramchandra Bagade, who had granted bail to the two girls, was suspended. The Shiv Sena had, however, warned that comments or posts against Bal Thackeray could lead to tension and trouble in Maharashtra.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar