Tihar jail orders magisterial probe into Ram Singh's death
Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit on Monday met Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde in the wake of the alleged suicide by Ram Singh.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday met Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde in the wake of the alleged suicide by a December 16 gangrape case accused and said a magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the incident. The issue figured in the meeting during which the Chief Minister also discussed the law and order situation in the capital.
"A magisterial inquiry has already been ordered. Till the report comes, it will be difficult to comment on the issue. Let the autopsy report come, things will be clear," Dikshit told reporters after the meeting here.
She said she did not come to meet Shinde because of Monday's incident. "It was a routine meeting. I keep coming here," she said. Sources said Dikshit took up the issue of policing in the capital.
The Chief Minister is understood to expressed concern about the increasing cases of crime against women despite steps being taken after the gangrape incident. She also wanted setting up of a help desk for women and deployment of more woman personnel in the police stations, the sources said.
Gangrape accused Ram Singh, 33, allegedly hanged himself in high-security Tihar Jail this morning.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1