Calcutta HC orders CBI probe into TMC activist's custodial death
30-year-old Kazi Nasiruddin, a TMC activist, had died after he was allegedly tortured by the police.
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the death of a Trinamool Congress activist in police custody in January. 30-year-old Kazi Nasiruddin, a TMC activist, had died after he was allegedly tortured by the police.
He had been arrested following a face-off with the police over a car parking issue and taken to the police station. He was later on taken to the hospital where he had died.
His family had protested against the incident.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)