DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TMC candidate attacked, activist killed in WB
The activist was killed when he tried to save TMC candidate from assailants allegedly led by local coal mafia.
Bardhaman (WB): One Trinamool Congress activist was killed on Monday when he tried to save a party candidate from assailants allegedly led by local coal mafia at Barul village, police said. The incident took place when Trinamool candidate (Jamuria constituency) Prabhat Chhatyopadhyay was pulled out
of his car and beaten up by the armed gang allegedly led by wanted coal mafia don Dinabandhu Barui, District Magistrate Omkar Singh Meena said.
Trinamool activist Rabin Kazi tried to resist the gang and he too was beaten up. Barui then hit Kazi with his speeding car. The victim died on his way to Asansol sub-divisional hospital, Meena said. Two persons were arrested in this connection.
Trinamool workers led by Chhatyopadhyay held a demonstration in front of Jamuria police station demanding the immediate arrest of Barui. Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee will visit Jamuria on Tuesday to participate in a protest rally, party general secretary Mukul Roy said in Kolkata.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Challenge is to Not Think About Defending Title, Says Virat Kohli