TMC candidate attacked, activist killed in WB
The activist was killed when he tried to save TMC candidate from assailants allegedly led by local coal mafia.
Bardhaman (WB): One Trinamool Congress activist was killed on Monday when he tried to save a party candidate from assailants allegedly led by local coal mafia at Barul village, police said. The incident took place when Trinamool candidate (Jamuria constituency) Prabhat Chhatyopadhyay was pulled out
of his car and beaten up by the armed gang allegedly led by wanted coal mafia don Dinabandhu Barui, District Magistrate Omkar Singh Meena said.
Trinamool activist Rabin Kazi tried to resist the gang and he too was beaten up. Barui then hit Kazi with his speeding car. The victim died on his way to Asansol sub-divisional hospital, Meena said. Two persons were arrested in this connection.
Trinamool workers led by Chhatyopadhyay held a demonstration in front of Jamuria police station demanding the immediate arrest of Barui. Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee will visit Jamuria on Tuesday to participate in a protest rally, party general secretary Mukul Roy said in Kolkata.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song