TMC is equally answerable to the WB people: Naidu
Naidu said that the people in WB were looking for change as they were fed up with the Left Front 'misrule'.
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress which is a UPA partner was equally responsible for scams, corruption, price rise and infiltration from Bangladesh through West Bengal and Assam borders, former BJP President
Venkaiah Naidu said in Kolkata on Sunday.
"Why is the Trinamool Congress silent on all these contentious issues? Instead of acting as checkmate, it is working with the Congress to deceive the people," Naidu said during campaigning.
The senior BJP leader, however, said that the people in the state were now looking for 'parivartan' (change) fed up with Left Front 'misrule'.
"Let see what kind of parivartan is going to take place in the state," the BJP MP said. Criticising the Trinamool Congress for its attack on BJP, Naidu questioned "If the BJP has no stake in the state, why are they attacking us repeatedly?"
He claimed that the BJP would be a force to reckon with in West Bengal, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Pondichery which went to the polls.
To a question about former CPM MP Anil Basu using expletives against TMC chief Mamata Banerjee Naidu said "I knew muscle power was active in the state, but I am surprised to hear allegations about money power too this time."
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement