DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TMC says LF candidate list is a moral victory
TMC leader said this will not help Left to avoid defeat in the upcoming elections.
Kolkata: Reacting to the release of the list of Left Front candidates for the Assembly elections where 149 new faces have been included, Trinamool Congress general secretary Partha Chatterjee said it was a moral victory for his party.
"It is a moral victory for Trinamool Congress as the Left Front has changed candidates in 149 seats out of fear, but this will not help it to avoid defeat in the upcoming elections," Chatterjee, who is also the Opposition leader, said.
He said by giving a considerable number of tickets to persons from the SC and STs and women and minorities, "the Left Front has suddenly remembered them at their time of exit".
"For so many years these people were a forgotten lot, but their sudden elevation in status will not be able to win the hearts of people," Chatterjee said.
"Our leader Mamata Banerjee has always kept the interest of these people in mind unlike Left Front's sudden realisation of their worth," Chatterjee added
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish