TMC worker Praladh Roy shot dead outside his house
Trinamool Congress General Secretary Mukul Roy blamed the CPIM for the killing.
Kalyani: A Trinamool Congress worker was called out of his house and shot dead at Kadaghata under Chakdaha Police Station in Nadia district on Saturday, police sources said. The assailants fired twice at TMC worker, Praladh Roy, with one of the bullets hitting him, the sources said.
He was rushed to Chakdaha State General Hospital and was declared brought dead, they said. The police arrested two persons, ASP, Nadia, Arindam Dutta Chowdhury said. CPIM District Secretary Sumit De claimed that the arrested persons Amit Chakraborty and Hari Narayan Moitra were TMC workers. Chakdaha CPIM leader Amal Bhowmick alleged that the killing was the result of internal conflict within the TMC. According to him, Praladh had protested unsocial activities in the TMC.
Local Trinamool Congress MLA Naresh Chaki counter claimed that the arrested persons were CPIM workers. Trinamool Congress General Secretary Mukul Roy also blamed the CPIM for the killing. Denying that the killing was a result of internal rift in the party, Roy said "He was very popular and it was decided that Praladh would contest the panchayet election from Silinda 2. The CPIM was sure to be defeated. Therefore they killed him." Roy handed over Rs 25,000 to the victim's wife after visiting the TMC worker's home.
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income