DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN: Alliance with Cong for people, says Karuna
Karunanidhi said that the alliance between Congress and his party was for the benefit of the people.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Monday said the alliance between Congress and his party was "for the benefit of the people".
A "friendly alliance" with a national party alone could ensure development for the state, Karunanidhi told an election meeting in Chennai.
The classical language status granted to Tamil was a result of DMK's alliance with Congress, the CM claimed.
"They (INC) trust us (DMK), we trust them and you (people) trust us (DMK-Congress alliance)," he said.
AICC general secretary and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, who was present at the meeting, said he was "comfortable and felt at home" with Karunanidhi and claimed Tamil Nadu was the "only state in the world" to provide health insurance, gas connection and a house to its residents. Azad is also in-charge of his party's affairs in Tamil Nadu.
Karunanidhi said the issue of price rise was the only reason the Communists had walked out of the DMK-Congress combine.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong