TN: Court summons Karunanidhi in defamation case
The defamation complaint was filed against Karunanidhi for making comments allegedly defaming Labour Minister ST Chellapandian.
Chennai: A court in Chennai on Monday issued summons to DMK President M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, Printer, Publisher and Editor of Tamil daily 'Murasoli', to appear before it on December 18 in connection with a defamation case filed by the Tamil Nadu Government.
The defamation complaint was filed against Karunanidhi for making comments allegedly defaming Labour Minister ST Chellapandian and Selvam for publishing them in the party organ's August 23rd issue.
When the matter came up on Monday, Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan summoned the two to appear before the court on December 18. He also directed the Printer, Publisher, Editor and Reporter of Tamil weekly 'Ananda Vikatan' to appear on that day in connection with another defamation case filed against it.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit