TN: Court summons Karunanidhi in defamation case
The defamation complaint was filed against Karunanidhi for making comments allegedly defaming Labour Minister ST Chellapandian.
Chennai: A court in Chennai on Monday issued summons to DMK President M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, Printer, Publisher and Editor of Tamil daily 'Murasoli', to appear before it on December 18 in connection with a defamation case filed by the Tamil Nadu Government.
The defamation complaint was filed against Karunanidhi for making comments allegedly defaming Labour Minister ST Chellapandian and Selvam for publishing them in the party organ's August 23rd issue.
When the matter came up on Monday, Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan summoned the two to appear before the court on December 18. He also directed the Printer, Publisher, Editor and Reporter of Tamil weekly 'Ananda Vikatan' to appear on that day in connection with another defamation case filed against it.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Why Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Handed Him the Oscar
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune