TN: EC has proved its independence, says Ganesan
Ganesan expressed hope that BJP would win a minimum of 10 assembly seats in Tamil Nadu.
Nagapattinam: Former Tamil Nadu BJP unit President L Ganesan on Monday said the restrictions imposed by the Election Commission ahead of the April 13 state Assembly elections had "proved its independence".
Speaking to reporters, Ganesan said the EC's actions had created awareness among the people on various poll-related issues. "The EC has proved its independence. Officials now feel free to take action on violations. The recent arrest of Ramanathapuram DMK MP JK Ritheesh proves this," he said.
The BJP leader, whose party has an alliance with Janata Party in the elections, also predicted that the state is heading towards a hung assembly following the polls.
"The present alliance in both DMK and AIADMK camps will dislodge after the elections and parties would hop here and there," he said.
Ganesan expressed hope that BJP would win a minimum of 10 assembly seats in the state besides impressive performance in other constituencies.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid