TN govt wants polling day declared as holiday
Tamil Nadu government directed employers to grant their employees a day's holiday with wages on April 13.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Tuesday directed employers in the state to grant their employees a day's holiday with wages on April 13 to enable them vote in the Assembly elections. "It is mandatory on the part of every employer in Tamil Nadu to grant a holiday with wages on April 13," a Labour Department note here said.
"Therefore the employers of all the factories, shops, establishments, commercial establishments, catering establishments, plantations, beedi establishments and motor transport undertakings are required to grant holiday with wages on April 13 to all their employees," it said.
Such a measure was mandatory as per the provisions of Section 135 B of Representation of People Act, 1951, the note said. This also applied to daily wage labourers and casual workers, it added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game