DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN govt wants polling day declared as holiday
Tamil Nadu government directed employers to grant their employees a day's holiday with wages on April 13.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Tuesday directed employers in the state to grant their employees a day's holiday with wages on April 13 to enable them vote in the Assembly elections. "It is mandatory on the part of every employer in Tamil Nadu to grant a holiday with wages on April 13," a Labour Department note here said.
"Therefore the employers of all the factories, shops, establishments, commercial establishments, catering establishments, plantations, beedi establishments and motor transport undertakings are required to grant holiday with wages on April 13 to all their employees," it said.
Such a measure was mandatory as per the provisions of Section 135 B of Representation of People Act, 1951, the note said. This also applied to daily wage labourers and casual workers, it added.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?