DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN polls: Rahul campaigns for DPA candidates
Rahul assured voters that all poll promises made by the ruling DPA would be implemented in the state.
Erode: Lauding DMK government's performance in Tamil Nadu, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday assured voters that all poll promises made by the ruling Democratic Progressive Alliance would be implemented in the state.
Launching his campaign in Erode, the Congress leader said in the last five years a number of industries were started in the state and the Union government had liberally granted funds for industrial and other development.
Detailing the schemes implemented by the UPA at the centre, Rahul said he was proud of them as many other countries were following the schemes of the Indian Government.
"Youths are to be given importance in all fields and keeping this in mind, the Congress will give importance for them in future," he said.
On the growing pollution in Erode district, he said the problem would soon be solved with the support of the Union and state governments.
"Erode was noted for its textile industries but because of various problems including pollution, the industry was facing crisis," he said.
Rahul, who arrived from Coimbatore by a helicopter, later left for Karur.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere