Top BJP leaders, Jaya to attend Modi's swearing-in today
The chief ministers of other BJP-ruled states and also of some non-BJP ruled states will be present at the ceremony.
Ahmedabad: Top BJP leaders and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will attend the swearing-in ceremony in which Narendra Modi will take oath as Gujarat Chief Minister on Wednesday. Heavy security arrangements have been made at the Sardar Patel Stadium where Modi will be sworn in as Chief Minister at a grand function at around 11 AM.
"Top BJP leaders, including LK Advani, Nitin Gadkari, Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, Rajnath Singh and Venkaiah Naidu will be present for the swearing-in ceremony of Chief Minister Narendra Modi," Gujarat BJP spokesperson I K Jadeja said on Tuesday.
"Chief Ministers of other BJP-ruled states and also of some non-BJP ruled states will be present," he added. Modi had taken oath as Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and then in 2002 and 2007. Jayalalithaa is among the non-BJP Chief Ministers who will attend the ceremony tomorrow. Modi, who maintains a good rapport with the AIADMK chief, attended her swearing-in ceremony after her party swept back to power in Assembly election in Tamil Nadu last year.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction