DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Top DMK leaders bite the dust
Quite a few state ministers and district secretaries are finding the going tough in the polls.
Among the DMK bigwigs who are trailing in the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, the most significant name is that of Trichy district secretary and party strongman K.N.Nehru. Nehru was trailing his AIADMK rival by over 6000 votes at 05.25 pm in the fight for Tiruchirappalli West.
In the fray to represent Villupuram constituency, K. Ponmudy, higher education minister in the outgoing DMK government and a prominent businessman, is also trailing by over 12500 votes.
Health minister in the DMK government MRK Paneerselvam, who garnered headlines for the scandal that broke over the sale of expired medicines, is also trailing from Kurinjipadi constituency by over 15500 votes.
Agriculture minister Veerapandi Arumugam, contesting from Sankari constituency, is trailing by over 35000 votes. Finance minister K. Anbazhagan is also trailing by almost 8000 votes from Villivakkam.
All these leaders were also district secretaries of the party and promoted nepotism. Most also used their political clout to build up their businesses.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi