DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Trinamool Congress MP hurls abuses at Anand Sharma
The Trinamool Congress MP had a heated exchange with Sharma during which he shouted at him in an abusive manner.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee and Commerce Minister Anand Sharma on Monday had a spat inside the Lok Sabha, which turned ugly with the former turning abusive. The incident occurred when Banerjee, who was part of his party MPs' team which was raising slogans in the Well on the FDI issue, was returning to his seat after the House adjourned for the day shortly after noon.
Banerjee and Sharma had heated exchanges on some issue which was not audible in the din, but later Sharma was heard telling the Trinamool MP to "be civilised" and Banerjee shouting back in an abusive manner.
"Whether I understand the country or not, you ascertain that from your leader Mamata Banerjee who has worked with me as a colleague. She would know," Sharma told Banerjee. Other MPs and some ministers intervened and asked both of them to be seated.
Later, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla was seen trying to pacify Banerjee and asking him to calm down. "I don't want to join issues with him. It is unfortunate. He was offensive and less than civilised," said Sharma, adding that he did not want to take the issue any further.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong