Trinamool Congress MP hurls abuses at Anand Sharma
The Trinamool Congress MP had a heated exchange with Sharma during which he shouted at him in an abusive manner.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee and Commerce Minister Anand Sharma on Monday had a spat inside the Lok Sabha, which turned ugly with the former turning abusive. The incident occurred when Banerjee, who was part of his party MPs' team which was raising slogans in the Well on the FDI issue, was returning to his seat after the House adjourned for the day shortly after noon.
Banerjee and Sharma had heated exchanges on some issue which was not audible in the din, but later Sharma was heard telling the Trinamool MP to "be civilised" and Banerjee shouting back in an abusive manner.
"Whether I understand the country or not, you ascertain that from your leader Mamata Banerjee who has worked with me as a colleague. She would know," Sharma told Banerjee. Other MPs and some ministers intervened and asked both of them to be seated.
Later, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla was seen trying to pacify Banerjee and asking him to calm down. "I don't want to join issues with him. It is unfortunate. He was offensive and less than civilised," said Sharma, adding that he did not want to take the issue any further.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager