Trinamool Congress MP hurls abuses at Anand Sharma
The Trinamool Congress MP had a heated exchange with Sharma during which he shouted at him in an abusive manner.
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress MP Kalyan Banerjee and Commerce Minister Anand Sharma on Monday had a spat inside the Lok Sabha, which turned ugly with the former turning abusive. The incident occurred when Banerjee, who was part of his party MPs' team which was raising slogans in the Well on the FDI issue, was returning to his seat after the House adjourned for the day shortly after noon.
Banerjee and Sharma had heated exchanges on some issue which was not audible in the din, but later Sharma was heard telling the Trinamool MP to "be civilised" and Banerjee shouting back in an abusive manner.
"Whether I understand the country or not, you ascertain that from your leader Mamata Banerjee who has worked with me as a colleague. She would know," Sharma told Banerjee. Other MPs and some ministers intervened and asked both of them to be seated.
Later, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla was seen trying to pacify Banerjee and asking him to calm down. "I don't want to join issues with him. It is unfortunate. He was offensive and less than civilised," said Sharma, adding that he did not want to take the issue any further.
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar