DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TRS leader files complaint against Sonia Gandhi
The complainant alleged that even though the Congress election manifesto had promised Telengana, Sonia's inaction led to suicides.
Karimnagar: A Telangana Rashtra Samithi leader has filed a police complaint against Congress President and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, at the One Town police station in Karimnagar on Wednesday. TRS leader Sardar Ravinder Singh filed the complaint alleging that the UPA chairperson had assured formation of Telangana during the General elections of 2004 and 2009, but did not keep her word, One Town circle inspector V Surender told PTI.
The complainant alleged that in her public meeting at Karimnagar, Sonia had promised to announce Telangana and due to the state not being formed, more than 800 committed suicide. He alleged that the Congress election manifesto had promised Telengana, but Sonia's inaction led to suicides.
The complainant also requested the police to register a case against her and take action against her. However, the circle inspector said that the complaint has been sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion. The police will act on it soon after receiving his opinion, he said.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO
- Manchester Arena Attack: Beckham, Rooney, Hamilton Show Solidarity