Defence bribe deal case: CBI questions Tytler
Arms dealer Abhishek Verma, who has been arrested in the case, claimed that he met Tytler regularly after his arrest last month.
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Jagdish Tytler was on Friday questioned by the CBI after arrested arms dealer Abhishek Verma claimed that he met the leader regularly after his arrest last month.
The CBI wants to verify whether the meetings were held in connection with the stalling of the blacklisting of Swiss defence firm Rheinmetall Air Defence AG (RAD).
CBI sources, however, say that Tytler has denied it.
Verma was booked for allegedly taking USD 5.3 lakh from the firm to stall black-listing proceedings initiated against it by the government in the Ordnance Factory Board scam.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw