I will take Shiv Sena one step ahead, claims Uddhav
Uddhav also defended Mumbai police inspector Sujata Patil whose poem on riots at Azad Maidan last year has sparked off a controversy.
Mumbai: Amid reports of power tussles within Shiv Sena, its executive president Uddhav Thackeray on Friday said he would take the party "one step ahead". "I am Balasaheb's son. He brought the party to this level. I assure you that I will take Shiv Sena one step ahead than my father," Uddhav said at function in Mumbai.
Internal power tussles have been witnessed in the Sena units at Nashik, Kolhapur and Auranagabad in the last few weeks, putting a question mark on the party's prospects. Referring to the tussles, Uddhav said: "Some people are saying that Shiv Sena will end....but I am saying I will not sit quiet till it is taken one step ahead."
Stating that Shiv Sena was playing a role in the national politics too, he reminded that the party opposed the visit by Pakistani women cricket team and also the participation of players from that country in Hockey League, in the wake of killing of two Indian soldiers at LoC.
Uddhav also defended Mumbai police inspector Sujata Patil whose poem on riots at Azad Maidan last year has sparked off a controversy because of its tone. "Why Patil could not have the same freedom of speech which the two girls from Palghar were supposed to have while opposing the shut-down of Mumbai on Facebook after Bal Thackeray's death," he asked.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan