Rajnath Singh offers the post of NDA convenor to Uddhav Thackeray
Sources say Rajnath told Uddhav that he should take the position as Shiv Sena is the oldest ally of the BJP.
Mumbai: Bharatiya Janata Party chief Rajnath Singh has offered the post of the National Democratic Alliance convenor to Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, according to sources. Sources say Rajnath told Uddhav that he should take the position as Shiv Sena is the oldest ally of the BJP.
Sources say Uddhav, however, has not taken any decision yet. All eyes are now on Uddhav if he will go ahead and accept the offer.
This comes after the Janata Dal United broke its alliance with the BJP. JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav was the NDA convenor before the two parties parted ways.
Criticising Bihar Chief Minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar for severing ties with BJP and NDA, Uddhav had last week said, "What secularism is Nitish Kumar talking about? Where were these secularists when Kashmiri Pandits were driven out of Kashmir? Where were these secularists when the Hindus were facing crisis?"
Uddhav had said that his party's alliance with BJP would last as long as the latter did not forsake 'Hindutva'. Talking about his meeting with BJP president Rajnath Singh in Mumbai on Tuesday, Uddhav said, "Rajnath Singh said the alliance with Shiv Sena will remain intact. I said it will, as long as BJP does not leave the Hindutva issue."
(With additional information from PTI)
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- Delhi: Street kids celebrate Diwali, spread message of harmony