UDF's Sindhu Joy pelted with stones in Kerala
The former SFI leader quit CPM and joined Congress last month.
Thiruvananthapuram: Former SFI leader Sindhu Joy, who quit CPM and joined Congress last month, was pelted with stones allegedly by LDF workers while campaigning in Vamanapuram constituency in the district on Sunday and has been hospitalised. A large number of Congress workers gathered in front of the hospital raising slogans condemning the attack on her, the police said.
Congress leaders alleged that Sindu was targetted by CPM workers angered by her aggressive campaigning against LDF. Senior Congress leader Oommen Chandy was among the leaders who visited her.
A former national vice president of CPM's campus wing SFI, Sindhu was a frontline campaigner against UDF's policies in the education sector before the assembly polls in 2006. She quit CPM last month,alleging she had been ignored
by the party and straightaway become a key UDF campaigner.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right